Divorce Attorney, Sonica Cinami was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1996 and has practiced in the area of Marital and Family law since that time. She joined the firm in 1998 and her practice is dedicated exclusively to Marital and Family law.
Sonica has a diversified family law practice which includes, in addition to traditional litigation services, collaborative family law services, services as a private court-appointed Guardian Ad Litem for children in family law cases and mediation.
Florida, 1996U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1997
Honors and Distinctions
• AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell*• 2013 Top 100 Family Law Lawyers in the State of Florida, American Society of Legal Advocates• Member of Central Florida Family Law Inn of Court• Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Sectiono Executive Committee Member 2014/15o Co-Chair, Executive Committee, 2001 – 2002o Executive Committee, 2001 – 2002o Executive Committee, 2000 – 2001o Executive Committee, 1999 – 2000
Seminole County Bar Association
o Seminole County Bar Association, Family Law Section, President, 2001o Seminole County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Vice President, 2000o Seminole County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Treasurer, 2002o Seminole County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Treasurer, 1999
• Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator• Collaboratively Trained and Member of the Collaborative Family Law Group of Central Florida• Family Law Guardian Ad Litem
Community Service and Recognitions
• Throughout her career, Sonica has consistently provided family law representation to qualifying members of the community through the Orange County Legal Aid Society• Sonica has also served as a pro bono Guardian Ad Litem for children in Dependency court as a part of her commitment to legal community service• Since 2011, Sonica has been a volunteer through Orange County Legal Aid and the Orange County Bar Association offering pro bono mediation services• Sonica has been repeatedly recognized by the Florida Supreme Court for her commitment to pro bono community service and this commitment contributed to our firm’s receipt of the 2013 Law Firm Award of Merit from the Orange County Legal Aid Society• Sonica is active with the Girl Scouts of Citrus Council and serves as troop leader for two Girl Scout Troops and a school liaison
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Collaborative Family Law Group of Central Florida, 2008 – Present• Guardian Ad Litem, 1998 – Present• Orange County Bar Association, February 11, 1997 – Present• Seminole County Bar Association, 1998 – Present• Central Florida Association For Women Lawyers 1998- Present
• Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Floridao J.D. cum laude – May, 1996o Honors: Moot Court Boardo Honors: 1st Place, Judge Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition 1996• University of Central Floridao B.A. cum laude – May, 1993
Past Employment Positions
• Dorothy J. McMichen, P.A., Associate, 1998 – 2008• Moye, O’Brien, O’Rourke, Hogan &Pickert, Associate Attorney, January 2, 1997 – 1998• Carlton & Carlton, P.A., Associate Attorney, September 25, 1996 – 1997• Carlton & Carlton, P.A., Certified Legal Intern, 1996 – September 25, 1996• United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Hon. Elizabeth A. Kovachevich, Federal Judicial Intern, 1996• Hillsborough State Attorney’s Office, Certified Legal Intern, 1996